A qualified Rheumatologist and Physician with qualitative work experience of over 24 years in Medical Practice, General Administration & Supervision in Medical / Hospital environment. Proficient in Adult Rheumatology Non - Invasive Cardiology & Critical Care Medicine. Quality exposure in handling the administration functions in a hospital thereby attaining high patient satisfaction. Skilled in handling In / Out Patients, diagnosing illnesses, prescribing and administrating appropriate treatment/ medication for various ailments or diseases. A skilled communicator with exceptional presentation, analytical skills & establish beneficial relationships with key players in the medical fraternity with the capability to perform under stress & strenuous conditions.
Areas of Expertise
- Handling General Medicine cases & treating patients in various emergency/ ICU & giving instructions about preparing patients for operating theatres.
- Consulting with specialists & medical professionals about patient care & anesthetists about operation & patient's treatment & instructing what care is to be given after an operation by nursing & medical staff.
- Handling patient counselling sessions ensuring maximum patients' & attendants' satisfaction.
- Co-ordinating with the emergency team to ensure prompt response to emergencies after history-taking, undertaking routine & diagnostic investigations & daily ward rounds.
- Ensuring and monitoring administration of appropriate drugs to patients by examining patients, obtain medical histories, perform and interpret diagnostic tests.
- Interacting with various patients on regular basis for preventive care and providing follow-up care for patients who are discharged from hospital.
- Directing nurses in procedures for preoperative & postoperative care and operating room techniques.
- Organizing the hospital in a scientific manner to facilitate the performance of various medical functions.
- Sustaining the existing customer base & arranging the matters so that people work together effectively.
- Matching jobs & individuals so that the job is performed effectively by the right person & working towards the development of the organisation.
- Implementing Scientific Materials Management Techniques to save money spent on stores.
Apr'1998 - Till Date Joint Chief Medical Officer and Consultant Physician / Rheumatologist Gujarat Refinery Hospital
The Growth Path:
04/1989-04/1991 MO-Guwahati Refinery Hospital
04/1991-04/1994 SMO-Guwahati Refinery Hospital
04/1994-04/1998 DCMO-Guwahati Refinery Hospital
04/1998-05/2007 JCMO-Guwahati Refinery Hospital
05/2007-05/2011 JCMO-Gujrat Refinery Hospital
05/2011-01/2012 JCMO-Guwahati Refinery Hospital
01/2012-31/2017 Additional Chief Medical Officer at Guwahati Refinery Hospital ltanat Rheumatologist and Physician
05/2017------------ Currently designation is Deputy general Manager Medical
- Attending all Internal Medicine Patients.
- Heading a Diabetic Clinic, Rheumatology Clinic, Cardiology Hypertension Clinic and an Occupational Health Center.
- Started Rheumatology Clinic
- Introduced Data Management for all diseases
- Recipient of Metro A.Ogryzlo Fellowship from Canadian Arthritis Society Toronto Canada
-A fellowship on Occupational Medicine was awarded by Central Labour Institute Bombay India
Oct'86-Mar'89 Medical and Health Officer
Rani Rural Health Training Centre, Assam, Guwahati
- Managing the Patients Department.
- Training the interns of the Gauhati Medical College about Preventive and Social Medicine.
- Periodic Medical Check Up for all employees irrespective of age
- Regular periodic auditing of the works done at the Hospital
- Presented a Paper at the Asia Pacific League of Association of Rheumatologists (APLAR) at Kualalampur, Malayasia, 2007
- Fellowship of American College of Rheumatology awarded in 2002
Nov'85-Oct'86 Medical Officer
East and Nursing Home, Guwahati, Assam
- Attending the patients in the General Medical and Emergency Ward.
Apr'85-Nov'85 Senior Resident House Physician - Department of Nephrology
Gauhati Medical College, Assam
- Handling patients in the ward and dialysis unit.
Oct'84-Mar'85 House Physician - Department of Cardiology
Gauhati Medical College, Gauhati, Assam
- Managing the General and Intensive Cardiac Care Unit in the Department of Cardiology.
Mar'84-Sep'84 House Physician in General Medicine
Gauhati Medical College, Assam
- Attending to in and out patients in Causality and Emergency cases.
Gauhati Medicine College, Gauhati
- Attended Rheumatoid Arthritis : Optimizing Management through Education, The Meeting at Vienna Medical University ,Austria. Austrian Accreditation Council Allocated Cme Credits 12, in 17-18 March, 2007.
- Received Training with fellowship in Rheumatology Metro. A. Ogryzlo Fellow in Adult Rheumatology, Arthritis society of Canada, University of Toronto, Canada(1999-2001) at the Toronto Western Hospital, Center for Prognosis of Rheumatic Diseases with Prof.Dafna Gladman.
- Attended Clinical attachment in the Department of Cardiology in the Prince Charles Hospital, Chermside, Queensland, Australia under Prof. Malcolm West, in March 1997.
Presentation of Technical Papers
- Study of Serum Immunoglobulings in a Amoebic Hepatitis and Liver Abscess Cases, a paper presented at the International conference of the Royal College of Surgeons and Physicians of Glasgow held in Madras, India in December 1992.
- Study of Intravenous Chloroquine vs Oral Chloroquine in Malaria, a paper presented at the Associations of Physicians of India conference held at Kathmandu, Nepal in January 1996.
- Leflunomide, An Effective Therapy for Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients-An Experience in a Community Hospital, presented as a poster at the Aplar Congress, Kualalampur, Malayasia, August 1-5,2006.
|M.D. (General Medicine)
||Dibrugarh University, Assam
||Dibrugarh University, Assam
- Fellow of the American College of Rheumatology
- Life Member of the following:
- Association of Physicians of India (API)
- Indian Rheumatological Society
- Critical Care Society of India
Proficiency in MS-Dos, Lotus, Windows & HTML Web Designing.
|Date of Birth:
||21st May, 1960
||#2, Bisnu Jyoti Path, JayaNagar, Sixmle, P.O.Khanapara, Opposite Ajay
Nursery, Guwahati-781022, Assam
||English, Assamese, Bengali and Hindi
Prof.Bhabani Chakravarty MD
Prof and HOD , Deptt. Of Medicine,Guwahati Medical College
Guwahati, 78105, Assam, India. Ph: +913612450554
Gujarat Refinery Hospital,Boroda, Gujarat,India ,391320
Prof. Dafna D. Gladman MD. FRCPC
Toronto Western Research Institute, Centre for Prognosis Studies in the Rheumatic Diseases
University Health Network, Toronto Western Hospital399,Bathurst Street,1- 318, Toronto, ON, M5T 2S8 Canada Ph.416-603-5753,Fax.416-603-9387